Sunday, October 13, 2013

So, Things Have Happened

Hola, audience of one person! Things have happened in my life since I last left you in November that you wouldn't know about unless you follow me on Twitter.

So when we left off, I was living in New Hampshire, still unemployed, and had a cat. Then in January my life got flipped and turned upside down when my dearest Jeff lost his job (for a frankly bullshibullshiy reason) and we had to struggle for a few months to pay our rent and *maybe* eat food other than ramen noodles.

That worked out well until about May and then we were pretty much fucked so we moved to Rhode Island. To live with Jeff's great-aunt and -uncle. Who are in their sixties. Miles away from what I feel is my home.

So that's been tough, but within two weeks I found a really good job and relative stability. Then Jeff got hired at the same place I did and that was awesome and convenient! And then Friday pretty much everybody at our company got laid off because the government shutdown really fucked our company and only like 35 people got to stay because they are absolutely essential. Which includes me, somehow. So obviously I'm sad because Jeff got laid off and now things will be tough again for a while but my ego, you guys, is frickin huge.

Anyway, not many funny things have happened lately that I've remembered to blog about which is why it's been almost a year. I am good at things!

I am going to TRY to be better about this though because funny shit happens all the time and I never think to write it down. Oops.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I would never have to worry about blog material if I just started taking notes.

    ReplyDelete