Thursday, November 25, 2010

Obligatory Thanksgiving Post

Today is America's Thanksgiving. Exactly a month before Christmas. Kinda weird.

Bloggers everywhere are writing a post today about what they're thankful for, and I figured I would as well. Because I am a follower.

This isn't a funny post, this is a real, mostly serious, obligatory post. If you came here for humor (for whatever reason) skip this one and don't yell at me for not being funny.

I'm thankful for my mom. She's my hero. She takes care of me when I'm fucked and she's always there for me, not only as my mom, but as my friend. Obviously without her I wouldn't exist, but without her I wouldn't have turned out so well. She raised me to be a strong, responsible person, and I hope one day I'll be that for her.

I'm thankful for my friends. No matter how many times I screw up and how many bad decisions I make I have a handful of friends who have been there next to me, not behind me, supporting what I do, and helping me be happy. I'd be nothing without them.

I'm thankful for Boyfriend. This kind of doesn't need explaining and no one wants to hear it, but he really saved me. I wasn't going anywhere in life and I had no plans. I had no future. And I was broken, miserably broken. But he fixed me. And even if we've both made a few mistakes and we both fuck up a lot and yell at each other, we're a fantastic team, and I couldn't or wouldn't ever plan world domination and zombie apocalypse survival with anyone else.

I'm thankful for my niece. She was born 10 weeks premature. She shouldn't have lived. But she did. And I am so thankful for that. I haven't met her yet but I already love that little girl and it's little things like her that make me believe there's a higher power controlling everything. she should have died. She was so tiny.

I'm thankful for my health. I may not have the best health and I may have a large array of problems, mental, social, emotional, and physical, but I can breathe, I can feed myself, and I can walk. And that's all I need.

Anyway, I've been stalling. Boyfriend's cousin is coming to pick me up to go to Thanksgiving soon. I really just started writing this because I'm nervous and jittery and trying to stall so I don't have to put pants on.

No comments:

Post a Comment